The FDW Grant is a monthly grant of $120 to support families who need to hire a foreign domestic worker to care for the frail elderly and persons with at least moderate disability.
To qualify for the FDW Grant, the applicant will need to meet all of the following criteria:
• As an employer of the Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) for the care recipient
o If the care recipient is 65 years old and above, he or she must be a Singapore citizen or a Permanent Resident (PR). If the care recipient is a PR, then you must be a Singapore citizen.
o If the care recipient is younger than 65, he or she must be a Singapore citizen
• As a care recipient and an FDW employer
The care recipient, who is the FDW employer, must be a Singapore citizen.
b) Relationship with care recipient
• Caregiver must be legally related to his/her care recipient (i.e. child, spouse, grandchild, sibling, sibling-in-law, parent, parent-in-law, grandparent or grandparent-in-law).
• Caregiver and care recipient must live at the same address, as reflected in your NRIC.
c) Household income
• Through Means-Testing, the applicant’s household monthly income per person must be $2,600 or less.
• If the applicant’s household has no income, the Annual Value of his/her property must be less than $13,000.
d) Medical assessment
The care recipient must have at least moderate disability as assessed by a Singapore-registered doctor. The doctor will complete a Functional Assessment Report to be sent to Agency for Integrated Care.
e) FDW Training
The FDW must have attended the relevant AIC-approved caregivers' training courses.
Click here to find out more and to download the forms to apply for the Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) Grant on Singapore Silver Pages.
For further enquiries, you can contact AIC at
• Phone: 6603 6800 or 1800-8585 885
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Walk-in: AIC at City Square Mall
180 Kitchener Road, #B2-19/20, Singapore 208539
11.00am – 8.30pm daily (including Public Holidays, except Chinese New Year)