Enjoy subsidies at General Practitioner (GP) and dental clinics near your home under the Community Health Assist Scheme (CHAS).
To qualify for CHAS you must:
• Be a Singapore Citizen
• Have a household monthly income per person˄ of $1,800 and below OR Annual Value (AV)# of residence must be $21,000 and below for households with no income
˄ Household monthly income per person refers to the total household monthly income divided by the total number of family members living together. For example: A family of four staying together with a combined monthly income of $7,200 has a monthly income per person of $1,800 ($7,200 ÷ 4 = $1,800).
# AV is assessed by IRAS. An AV of up to $21,000 covers all HDB flats and some lower-value private residences.
If you are on CHAS, you will receive subsidised treatment at CHAS GPs for the following 19 chronic conditions:
• Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
• Bipolar Disorder
• Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
• Hypertension (High blood pressure)
• Lipid Disorders (e.g. High cholesterol)
• Major Depression
• Parkinson’s Disease
• Rheumatoid Arthritis
You can also receive subsidised treatment on the following dental services:
• Denture Reline
• Denture Repair*
• Root canal treatment
• Topical fluoride*
* Not applicable for CHAS Orange Tier
If you are assessed to require specialist care, the CHAS clinic can refer you to the Specialist Outpatient Clinics (SOCs) at the Public Hospitals or National Dental Centre as a subsidised patient.
For more information or to apply for CHAS, please click here.