About Senior Home Care
- Available subsidies
About Senior Home Care
Senior Home Care offers a variety of personal care options to support caregivers in looking after their frail elderly at home. Caregivers can choose from dedicated service packages (eg for meal delivery or escort), or an ensuite package, which includes a range of personal care services like housekeeping and personal hygiene.
With Senior Home Care, caregivers now have more choice and flexibility in providing appropriate personal care for their frail elderly that best meets their needs.
- Meals delivery
For lunch and/or dinner, even on weekends and public holidays. Halal food and special diets are available from some service providers
- Escort Services
For seniors who require escort to and from home for follow-up medical appointments and/or treatments at the hospitals/clinics (including traditional medicine clinics)
- Ensuite Package, consisting of the following:
- Personal Hygiene
- Housekeeping (including laundry)
- Mind Stimulating Activities
- Medication Reminder services
- Other personal care services, eg wound-dressing, cleaning, draining of urine and stoma bag, and changing of feeding bag, monitoring of vital signs, and hot and cold applications
This service is available for :
- Seniors ≥ 55 years
- Either Singaporeans or PRs
- Seniors assessed to require assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) and instrumental ADLs
- Seniors living alone without another frail client/ caregiver, or without a caregiver during the day (for the Meals Delivery and Escort Services only).
Speak to a social worker or medical social worker for a referral to Senior Home Care
Please also feel free to contact AIC via:
Or speak to an AIC officer at AIC @ City Square Mall located at 180 Kitchener Road, #B2-19/20, S(208539)
There are 17 service providers, providing one service or more and charges vary among service providers. The general charges after subsidies range between:
- For meals: $0.50 to $6.10 per meal
- For escort services: $3 to $85 per trip
- For the ensuite package: $2.70 to $30 per hour
- Singapore Citizens or PRs may apply for means-tested subsidies to help defray the cost
For the full details, visit www.aic.sg to download the Senior Home Care service matrix
Your loved one can apply for government subsidy if he/she is Singapore citizen or permanent resident. The subsidy he/she receive will depend on his/her family’s income.
To find out if your loved one is able to enjoy subsidies based on Means Testing, please click here. Or you can approach a Government-funded service provider to find out more about the amount of subsidy.
To locate a service provider near your loved one, visit our Eldercare Service Locator.
For the full details, please refer to the Senior Home Care service matrix.