Essential Training to Care for Your Loved Ones
The ‘ABCs of Caregiving’ Course covers all essential skills needed to care for your loved one’s daily needs, based on their mobility condition. The home-based or classroom-based courses are tailored for informal caregivers, including Foreign Domestic Workers (FDWs).
You can choose from 3 sets of courses depending on your loved one’s mobility conditions:
- Set A: For caring for seniors who are Ambulant
- Set B: For caring for seniors who are Bedbound
- Set C: For caring for seniors using wheelChair
|Set A: For caring for seniors who are
|Set B: For caring for seniors who are
|Set C: For caring for seniors using wheelChair|
|Assistance in Daily Tasks Modules||
|Modules to Suit Seniors’ Mobility Conditions:|
Top-up Electives (for Home-based Training Only)
If your loved one needs more specialised care, you can “top-up” your training course with additional electives. These electives, which are 45 minutes to 1 hour each, can provide customised training to care for your loved one. They include:
- Care of Urinary Catheter – Covers draining, changing and cleaning of the urinary drainage bag
- Stoma Care – Covers care of stoma and changing of stoma bag
- Bed Bath – Covers how to perform bed bath for a senior
- Transferring, Positioning and Mobility (Wheelchair) – Covers the use of wheelchair and transferring techniques from bed to wheelchair
The electives cost $30* each and are restricted to home-based training only. This special price is valid within six (6) months from the time you attend one of the Set above.
* Additional surcharges may apply to cover for transportation fees of trainers if the electives are not conducted in the same session of the Set. Please note that the electives are not part of the Set.
Course fees for each Set ranges between $135 and $200. Those who qualify for Caregivers Training Grant may tap on the grant to offset up to $200 of the course fees.
Apply for Training
Step 1: Identify which Set and elective(s) you need.
Step 3: Contact your preferred training provider directly to schedule a time slot. If you would like to tap on the Caregivers Training Grant to offset the course fees, please inform the training provider and they will apply for the grant on your behalf.
You may view other available caregiving training courses on our Training Calendar.
Need more help?
Send us your enquiry
Mon – Fri: 8:30 am – 8:30 pm
Sat: 8:30 am – 4.00 pm
Visit the AIC Link branch
nearest to you