Roles For Organisations In A Dementia-friendly Community
Here are some different roles an organisations can play to make Singapore and communities more supportive for persons with dementia and their loved ones.
Here’s What You Can Do
- Encourage your staff to download the Dementia Friends App
- Hold dementia awareness talks
- Be respectful, understanding & helpful towards persons with dementia and their caregivers
I Want To
- Provide resources by being a Go-To Point
- Set up a support group for working caregivers in your organisation
- Adopt seniors with dementia as a CSR cause
Make Your Workplace Dementia-Friendly Environment
If you would like to organise a 1-hour dementia awareness training session at your workplace so that your colleagues can know more about dementia, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dementia Awareness Talk (1 hour)
- ABCD signs and symptoms of dementia
- KIND and CARE Communication tips when interacting with persons with dementia
- What is a Dementia-Friendly Community?
- How you can play a part in a Dementia-Friendly Community
- Lunchtime talks
- Anyone who is interested to know more about dementia
Dementia Awareness Workshop (3 hours)
- See content in Dementia Awareness Talk
- Person-Centred Care
- Role-play and/or case discussions
- Anyone likely to come across persons with dementia in their daily lives – e.g. grassroots leaders, frontline staff
Employment For Persons With Young-Onset Dementia
Work plays a central role in our lives, providing fulfilment and personal development. For persons with dementia, there are many decisions to make about employment including whether or not to tell the employer, what changes could be made to the workplace and how long to continue working. Here are some considerations for people with young-onset dementia.
Click here to find out more.
There are also employment opportunities such as the ‘Therapy Through Work for People with Young Onset and Early Stage Dementia” (TTW YES), which taps on work as a form of therapy to enable persons living with dementia to continue to work, live well and integrate with the community as long as possible.
You can find out more here.
Need more help?
Send us your enquiry
Mon – Fri: 8:30 am – 8:30 pm
Sat: 8:30 am – 4.00 pm
Visit the AIC Link branch
nearest to you