Get Trained Help to Care for Your Elderly Loved Ones
The Eldercarer Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) Scheme enables you to hire a pre-trained FDW who has undergone comprehensive training in eldercare. This ensures your FDW is equipped with the basic skills to care for your loved one.
Your Foreign Domestic Worker Will Learn
The topics taught include:
- About ageing
- How to monitor vital signs
- How to assist your loved one with their day-to-day care (e.g. toileting, bathing, eating, dressing, walking or moving around, and transferring from bed to chair)
- How to help your loved one with simple activities, exercises, and preventing falls
- How to help your loved one with medication and tend to minor wounds
- How to communicate with your loved one when delivering care
Before arriving at your home: Your FDW will complete two days of classroom training
After arriving at your home: Your FDW will complete three hours of on-the-job training to ensure that the FDW can apply the knowledge learnt.
- If you have urgent caregiving needs, you can contact the EAs indicated with a *. These EAs are part of the Ministry of Manpower’s (MOM) Advance Placement pilot scheme (APS) which enables faster placement of FDWs.
- If you need a FDW with nursing background, you can contact the EA indicated with a ^. Do note the services of such FDWs may cost more. They will still undergo the eldercare training programme to refresh their basic caregiving skills and knowledge.
Other Financial Support
If you are seeking financial assistance in training and/or hiring a FDW, you can consider the Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) Levy Concession. This scheme enables you to pay a monthly FDW levy concession of just $60 instead of $300.
Need more help?
Send us your enquiry
Mon – Fri: 8:30 am – 8:30 pm
Sat: 8:30 am – 4.00 pm
Visit the AIC Link branch
nearest to you