AIC's Data Protection Policy
As a public health care institution, the Agency for Integrated Care Pte. Ltd. ("AIC", "we", "us", or "our") collects personal data to coordinate the delivery of aged care services, and to enhance service development and capability-building across both the health and social domains.
This Data Protection Policy serves to inform you of why we collect your personal data and how we use and share your personal data.
A. When do we collect personal data from you?
We may collect your personal data when you:
- register for and/or attend any events organised by us, or our authorised service providers;
- register and/or use any of the services provided by us or our authorised service providers;
- apply for a grant or any other funding administered by us;
- take part in any survey or promotional event conducted by us or our authorised service providers;
- visit our websites, register for a user account on our websites, and/or use services and functions on our websites;
- download or use any of our mobile applications;
- subscribe to our newsletters, or our mailing lists for email subscription, postal promotions or phone or other forms of marketing, including via telephone calls, messaging by SMS/ MMSs and WhatsApp;
- contact us or our authorised representatives via telephone calls, letters, face to face meetings or emails; or
- submit a comment, question or feedback to us using our feedback forms, whether provided online or otherwise.
Depending on your relationship with us, we may also collect your personal data from third party sources, including our partners (such as service providers who provide healthcare-related services and/or social-related services to seniors and/or their caregivers), your family members or friends who provide your personal data to us on your behalf; and/or public agencies or other public sources.
If you provide us with any personal data belonging to and/or relating to any third party (e.g. information about your spouse, children, parents, employees etc.) for particular purposes, by submitting such information to us, you represent that you have obtained the relevant consent of any such third party to provide us with their personal data.
B. What purposes do we collect, use and disclose your personal data for?
1. We may collect, use and disclose your personal data for any one or more of the following purposes:
|(i)||communicating with you;|
|(ii)||managing your relationship with us;|
|(iii)||assisting you with your enquiries, and responding to your feedback, complaints and requests;|
providing you with the services that you have requested. For certain services that you have requested, we may be required to upload your personal data onto any one or more of the following systems and thereafter retrieve your personal data from these systems in order to provide you with the services:|
(a) IT systems and/or platforms operated or managed by third parties, including the National Electronic Health Record system managed by the Ministry of Health; and/or
(b) IT systems and/or platforms operated or managed by AIC, including the Integrated Referral Management System (IRMS);
|(v)||verifying and processing your application for funding administered by us;|
|(vi)||verifying and making payment to you if your application for funding administered by us is successful;|
|(vii)||creating and managing your user account on our websites or our mobile applications;|
|(viii)||keeping you updated on our events, initiatives and schemes;|
|(ix)||security purposes, e.g. detecting, preventing and addressing security and technical issues related to our websites, our mobile applications and our services; and|
|(x)||any other reasonable purposes related to the above purposes.|
2. We may also collect, use or disclose your personal data for purposes connected or relevant to our business and our role as a public healthcare institution, such as:
participating in national and multi-agency efforts to:|
(a) review healthcare policies and requirements;
(b) review programmes that ensure patient safety and improve the quality of healthcare services;
(c) conduct disease surveillance to address public health concerns, and/or
(d) train future generations of health and social care professionals;
sharing your personal data with the Singapore government, Singapore Government agencies and/or public healthcare institutions, for any one or more of the following purposes, unless such sharing is prohibited by law:|
(a) fulfilling a legal or regulatory requirement;
(b) for delivering a public service to you; and/or
(c) serving you in the most efficient and effective way;
|(iii)||complying with our legal obligations and requirements;|
|(iv)||enforcing contractual terms and conditions;|
|(v)||accounting, risk management, and record keeping;|
|(vi)||performing statistical analyses and scientific research;|
|(vii)||conducting data analytics to enable us to improve our websites, our mobile applications and our services so that we may provide better services to you; and|
|(viii)||any other reasonable purposes related to the above purposes.|
3. We will NOT share your personal data with non-Government agencies and non-public healthcare institutions, except where:
|(i)||they have been authorised to provide services on behalf of Government agencies or public healthcare institutions;|
|(ii)||they are our service providers who provide us with necessary services including but not limited to IT services, hosting and maintenance services, organising of our events, accounting, data analytics services, email messaging services, delivery services, handling of payment transactions, marketing etc;|
|(iii)||they are our consultants or professional advisers including but not limited to accountants, lawyers and auditors;|
|(iv)||they are authorised users of public health systems operated and/or initiated by the Government of Singapore; or|
|(v)||you have specifically consented to such disclosure.|
4. You agree that we may transfer your personal data to any location outside of Singapore for the purposes set out above. If we transfer your personal data to a country or territory outside of Singapore, we will ensure that the recipient of the personal data provides a standard of protection that is comparable to the protection which your personal data enjoys under the laws of Singapore.
5. In many circumstances, we need to use and share your personal data to provide you with our services and/or fulfill our scope of engagement. If you do not provide us with the required personal data, or if you do not accept this Data Protection Policy or if you withdraw your consent to our use and/or disclosure of your personal data, it may not be possible for us to continue to serve you or fulfill our scope of engagement.
C. How do we respect and keep your personal data safe?
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. We treat all personal data provided by you in strict confidence, and will only use your personal data in the manner set out in this Data Protection Policy. This Data Protection Policy applies to all personal data that you provide to us and the personal data we hold about you.
We will take reasonable steps to handle and to protect your personal data as required under the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) and other relevant legislations. In particular, we, as a public healthcare institution, respect and keep your personal data safe by:
- limiting access of your personal data to only doctors and authorised personnel who are involved in your care, and the supporting internal processes;
- conducting regular audits to ensure only authorised persons have access to your personal data;
- removing details that identify you when using your personal data for internal purposes as far as possible; and
- securing all electronic storage and transmission of your personal data with appropriate security technologies.
D. Changes to Data Protection Policy
We may amend this Data Protection Policy at any time without prior notice. Any changes we may make to this Data Protection Policy in the future will be posted on this website. The amended Data Protection Policy will apply to all personal data which you have previously provided to us.
E. Contact Us
Please email to PDPA@aic.sg or call +65 6603 6800 if you:
- wish to rectify any incorrect or out-of-date personal data previously provided to us;
- intend to withdraw any consent previously given to us to collect and retain any such personal data;
- have any enquires or feedback on our data protection policies and procedures;
- require more information on or access to the data which you have earlier provided to us.
Last Updated On 8 June 2020