The Pioneer Generation Disability Assistance Scheme (PioneerDAS) is part of the Pioneer Generation Package, which honours what Singapore's Pioneers have done for the country. Under this scheme, Pioneers who have disabilities can receive $100 a month, which they can use for expenses.
These are the criteria your loved one must meet.
You must have been born before 1950 and became a Singapore citizen before 1987.
You must be unable to perform three or more of the six Activities of Daily Living, and certified by an approved assessor. These six activities are:
Long Term Care Schemes Guide & Application Form and go through the
Terms and Conditions.
Should the care recipient lack mental capacity, please go through this
Visit a General Practitioner or arrange with your care provider to obtain a
Functional Assessment Report (FAR). The cost of an assessment may vary. Please approach your preferred doctor for more information.
Agency for Integrated Care Singapore Post Centre Post Office P.O. Box 1173
You can also email these documents to
firstname.lastname@example.org or submit them at any of our AIC Links here.
AIC will take about 1 month to process your application. We will inform you of the outcome in writing and successful applicants will receive grants in the following month, which may include payouts from the month the application was submitted if applicant meets all eligibility.
Please contact us at 1800-650-6060 if you have not received your payout.
1. Pioneers who are already receiving payouts from ElderShield, Interim Disability Assistance Programme for the Elderly (IDAPE), or Home Caregiving Grant, are automatically included in PioneerDAS. AIC will contact these Pioneers separately.
2. If a Pioneer is already under PioneerDAS and would like to change their bank account, please download and submit this
Change in Application Details form and
Mental Incapacity Certification (if the recipient lacks mental capacity).
3. To opt out from PioneerDAS, please download and submit this
Opt-Out Form to AIC.
How do I apply for PioneerDAS?
1. The care recipient’s donee/deputy# may provide consent on the care recipient’s behalf. If the care recipient does not have such a donee/deputy, the caregiver* may make the application on care recipient’s behalf.
# Donee/deputy must be appointed in accordance with the Mental Capacity Act (Cap 177) and is authorised to make decisions on behalf of the care recipient in relation to the care recipient’s property and affairs.
* For successful applications without a donee/deputy, the caregiver or another family member has 12 months to obtain a court order appointing him/her as a deputy, failing which the payouts will be suspended. For more information on how to apply for a deputyship, please visit the
Family Justice Courts website.
Doctor’s certification for mental incapacity is only valid for six months, unless stated permanent.
2. Please submit the following additional supporting documents:
Why do I need the NRIC issue date? How do I find the NRIC issue date?
How do I ensure that my Functional Assessment Reports (FAR) is completed?
How do I apply for PioneerDAS if I am a nursing home resident?
How do I change my PioneerDAS nominated bank account?
You can login with your SingPass on eFASS and navigate to “Manage My Schemes” > “Change in Scheme Details”.
If you are changing the nominated bank account on behalf of a care recipient who lacks mental capacity, you will need to submit a Mental Incapacity Certification if you have not done so before. Please refer to Additional Guidance for more information.
If you are nominating a nursing home to receive the payouts, please approach the nursing home to help you submit the Change in Application Details Form to AIC.
Do keep a copy of the application documents for your own reference.
How do I apply for PioneerDAS if I am already receiving Home Caregiving Grant (HCG), Interim Disability Assistance Programme for the Elderly (IDAPE), or Eldershield payouts?
Following month upon PioneerDAS auto-inclusion
AIC will deposit the payout into the nominated bank account by the end of every month. If you do not receive the payout by the end of every month, please inform us immediately.
Need more help?
Send us your enquiry