The Community Care Manpower Development Awards (CCMDA) provide you with opportunities to pursue and grow a career in the Community Care sector.
The awards cater for entry and advanced skills training in a range of clinical and non-clinical areas. CCMDA covers short courses, formal academic programmes and attachments to local or overseas healthcare and Community Care facilities. Its Visiting Expert scheme also funds the invitation of a local or overseas expert to visit your organisation for training. The expert should possess skills and knowledge that are relevant to the Community Care sector.
To apply for CCMDA, you will need to be either (i) a staff working in the Community Care sector or (ii) a student or mid-career switcher with a strong motivation to make a difference to the lives of seniors. Applications should be made through your organisation.
You can view the full list of awardees for the 2020 CCMDA
View our album of the winners at the CCMDA ceremony on Oct 16, 2020
Check out the videos shared at the event.
CCMDA will fund up to 90% of your course fees and other relevant expenditure. The remaining 10% will be co-funded by your hiring organisation.
For the Visiting Expert scheme, CCMDA will fund up to 90% of fundable expenses, with your organisation co-funding the remaining expenses.
You will need to serve a bond with your sponsoring organisation if you are successful in your application.
For more details of the bond duration, refer to Annex B of the Funding Guide below.
Applications are accepted throughout the year. Please submit your application through your sponsoring Community Care organisation.
Students seeking sponsorships for their studies in Nursing and Allied Health disciplines and are passionate to join the Community Care sector upon graduation are welcome to apply for the CCMDA. For more information, please click
Mid-career switchers who are looking to join the sector can approach your preferred Community Care organisation to seek employment and CCMDA funding support for your studies. You will be invited for a panel interview to further assess your suitability. If you are found to be a suitable candidate, the Community Care organisation will submit the CCMDA application on your behalf to AIC for approval.
To learn more about the criteria and funding support, please click on the links below:
You will be required to attend a panel interview if you are applying for a Masters programme. Panel interviews for Masters programmes are scheduled twice yearly, in May/June and November/December respectively.
To apply, please download and complete the relevant applications form below and submit to AIC for approval.
CCMDA Funding Guide
2. CCMDA Application Forms:
3. Training Report Templates
4. CCMDA Claim Forms
If you have further queries, please contact the CCMDA Secretariat at 6632 1144 or email
You may find these related pages useful.
Community Care Recognition
Every day, thousands of Community Care professionals work selflessly. They look after our seniors, lend strength to the less able, and give light to those who need it. Here are some ways we show our appreciation for their efforts.
Community Care Day
Community Care Day recognises and appreciates the hard work and dedication of all who work in the Community Care sector.
Community Care Jobs
The Community Care sector in Singapore helps seniors live well and age gracefully at home and in the community. Whether you are a fresh school leaver or a mid-career switcher, AIC offers various schemes and programmes that support the sector to develop you to your fullest potential.
Community Care Excellence Awards
The Community Care Excellence Awards recognises the contributions of individuals and project teams who have demonstrated exemplary service and commitment in delivering quality care to their clients.
Need more help?
Send us your enquiry