Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Home Caregiving Grant (HCG)

Font Size

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Introduction to the Home Caregiving Grant

The Home Caregiving Grant (HCG) has been enhanced on 1 March 2023, by increasing the HCG payouts from the existing $200 per month to up to $400 per month.

This is to recognise caregivers’ contributions and further reduce caregiving costs. with more help provided to the lower-income.

Please refer to the tabl​e below for more information.

Household Monthly Income per person
Enhanced HCG monthly payout
(From 1 March 2023)
$0 - $1,200
(or Annual Value of Residence* ≤ $13,000 for households without income)
$1,201 - $2,800 $250

^ If you own multiple properties, you will receive the lower tier of $250 per month.

* The Annual Value of your Residence in 2022 will be used to determine your eligibility for social support schemes such as HCG in 2023.
Please refer to the press release by the Ministry of Finance on this matter.

Downtime Notice

There will be a system upgrade during the following periods:

  • Friday 3.00pm, 27 January – Saturday 2.00pm, 28 January 2023: eFASS Application Portal will not be available i.e. users will not be able to log in

Of note, there will be no processing for HCG applications during the following downtime periods:

  • Friday, 27 January to Tuesday, 31 January 2023, and
  • Monday, 6 February to Thursday, 23 February 2023

You can still submit your application on eFASS during the system upgrade. Processing of your HCG scheme application will resume once the system upgrade is over.

How to Apply

System Maintenance Notice

Please note that the AIC eServices for Financing Schemes (eFASS) is currently unavailable. We are working to bring back online service as swiftly as we can. We apologise for the inconvenience caused. For assistance, please call our AIC Hotline at 1800-650-6060.

Video Guide on eFASS Application Portal



If you need to update your household information or if you have previously disallowed the access of your Financial Information for eligibility checks, please visit the MediShield Life Household Check e-Service.

After the application is submitted

We are currently experiencing a high volume of applications. During this period, we may take up to six weeks to process your online application. We will inform you of the outcome in writing by mail. If your application is successful, payouts will be made to your nominated bank account in the following month, which may include payouts from the month the application was submitted. The payouts will be reflected as “HCG” in your bank statement.

Please contact us at 1800-650-6060 if you require any assistance.

For Existing Scheme Recipients

1. If you would like to change the care recipient’s scheme details, please login with your Singpass on the eFASS. Go to “Manage My Schemes” > “Change in Scheme Details”. Please note these additional points as well:

  • If you are changing the care recipient’s scheme details on behalf of a care recipient who lacks mental capacity, you will need to submit a Mental Incapacity Certification if you have not done so before. The form can be downloaded here and needs to be filled in by a doctor.

2. If you wish to opt-out from receiving HCG payouts, please login with your Singpass on the eFASS. Go to “Manage My Schemes” > “Change in Scheme Details”

3. If you are unable to update scheme details or opt out of scheme using the eFASS, please email us at, or walk in to any of our AIC Links to request for a hardcopy application form. We seek your understanding that hardcopy applications have a longer processing time.

*Autism Spectrum Disorder or Intellectual Disability
The care recipients with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or Intellectual Disability (ID) can choose to have their level of support needs for ADL determined via the CAF (download the Form here). 

Care recipients who are currently attending a Special Education School or disability care services such as Day Activity Centres can have the assessment done onsite (please check with your school or service provider if it provides such assessment service). 

If the school or service provider does not provide CAF assessment or if the care recipients with ID or ASD do not receive disability services from the community, you may approach the Therapy Hubs (click here for the list) for CAF assessment. Please click here for more information on CAF assessment.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you have questions about Home Caregiving Grant? We may have the answer here.


Additional guidance for care recipient who lacks ​mental capacity to provide consent

1. The care recipient’s donee/deputy# may provide consent on the care recipient’s behalf. If the care recipient does not have such a donee/deputy, the caregiver* may make the application on care recipient’s behalf.

# Donee/deputy must be appointed in accordance with the Mental Capacity Act (Cap 177) and is authorised to make decisions on behalf of the care recipient in relation to the care recipient’s property and affairs.

* For successful applications without a donee/deputy, the caregiver or an​other family member has 12 months to obtain a court order appointing him/her as a deputy, failing which the payouts will be suspended. For more information on how to apply for a deputyship, please visit Family Justice Courts website.

Doctor’s certification for mental incapacity is only valid for six months, unless stated permanent.

2. Please submit the following additional supporting documents:

  • Doctor’s certification that the care recipient lacks mental capacity OR court order of deputy appointment OR recent medical report stating that the care recipient lacks mental capacity; and
  • Copy of bank book or statement IF you are nominating an account belonging to a deputy or trustee of the care recipient.

Additional guidance for care recipient below age 21

The care recipient’s parent or legal guardian^ may make this application on behalf of the care recipient.

​^Legal guardia​n refers to a person who has been lawfully appointed in accordance with the Guardianship of Infants Act (Cap. 122).​

AIC requires the input of the NRIC ​​issue date for ver​ification purposes.

You can login with your SingPass on eFASS and navigate to “Manage My Schemes” > “Change in Scheme Details”.

If you are changing the nominated bank account on behalf of a care recipient who lacks mental capacity, you will need to submit a Mental Incapacity Certification​ if you have not done so before. Please refer to Additional Guidance​ for mo​re information.

Do keep a copy of the application documents for your own reference.

Need more help?


​Send us your enquiry​​


AIC Hotline
​Mon - Fri: 8:30 am - 8:30 pm
Sat: 8:30 am - 4.00 pm


​Visit the AIC Link branch
nearest to you