The biennial Community Care Excellence Awards were first introduced by the Agency for Integrated Care (AIC) in 2014. The Community Care Excellence Awards aim to recognise the contributions of individuals and project teams who have demonstrated exemplary service and commitment in delivering quality care to their clients in the Community Care sector.
There are 5 categories of awards:
The individual awards recognise individuals who have displayed excellent service standards within and outside their organisations.
The team awards acknowledge outstanding quality improvement projects and initiatives implemented by teams in Community Care organisations.
Dover Park Hospice - Ms Lydia Quah Mei Hwei
“To me, being a palliative nurse, excellence means advocating for the patient to have a good death, and the family to have a good closure for them to move on.”
- Ms Lydia Quah Mei Hwei, Senior Staff Nurse, Dover Park Hospice
Econ Healthcare - Ms Mary Leen Castaneda Abadiano
“Treat them (the residents) as your family members, and provide them a home away from home for them to feel safe and happy.”
- Ms Mary Leen Castaneda Abadiano, Senior Staff Nurse, Econ Healthcare
Home Nursing Foundation - Mdm Susan Seah Ah Moy
“I have been in community nursing for about 13 years. You must have the passion to do your best for others.”
- Mdm Susan Seah Ah Moy, Senior Staff Nurse, Home Nursing Foundation
Jurong Community Hospital - Dr Alvin Ong Cong Wei
“To make a difference to every patient that we touch is never a solo affair. It involves the whole multi-disciplinary team effort to make an impact on the patient while they are with us.”
- Dr Alvin Ong Cong Wei, Consultant, Jurong Community Hospital
Jurong Community Hospital - Dr Azri Bin Bohari
“One of the important values that my parents have taught me since I was young is to do unto others as how you would like other people to do to you.”
- Dr Azri Bin Bohari, Resident Physician, Jurong Community Hospital
Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital - Mr Kyaw Swar Winn (Joshua)
“As a community physiotherapists, we work with the social worker and case managers to support the patient and family members with their care needs. Other than looking after the physical wellbeing of our patient, we also provide patient education and social support to improve their quality of life."
- Mr Kyaw Swar Winn (Joshua), Physiotherapist, Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital
Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital - Mdm Tiong Hoong Yin
“When my colleagues and I bring fun to the elderly to make them laugh and when the seniors say “Thank You”, it warms my heart.”
- Mdm Tiong Hoong Yin, Senior Therapy Assistant, Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital
Ren Ci Hospital - Ms Nur Sahara B Kamsani
“Excellence and care means to be able to ignite the spirit of our patients and residents, which is often seen through the light in their eyes.”
- Ms Nur Sahara B Kamsani, Medical Social Worker, Ren Ci Hospital
Singapore Cancer Society - Dr Teoh Ren Shang
“The most important thing is about journeying with the patient and the caregiver, to let them feel like they have been supported throughout this whole journey because it is a difficult time for everyone.”
- Dr Teoh Ren Shang, Senior Resident Physician, Singapore Cancer Society
Thye Hua Kwan Nursing Home - Ms Punitha D/O Ram Keelavan
“Seeing my residents recover and seeing them get what they want, and at the end of the day being independent to a certain extent makes me feel like this is my calling, and what I should be doing.”
- Ms Punitha D/O Ram Keelavan, Nurse Manager, Thye Hua Kwan Nursing Home
Yishun Community Hospital - Ms Tan Swee Kim
“I always treat my patients as my friends and journey together with them. What satisfies me the most is to see the patient recover well and to go home to be with their loved ones.”
- Ms Tan Swee Kim, Senior Nurse Manager, Yishun Community Hospital
Download the list of Individual Silver Award winners here.
Client Experience - Apex Harmony Lodge
Apex Harmony Lodge - Therapy through Work for Young Onset and Early Stage Dementia
Client Experience - Ren Ci Hospital
Ren Ci Hospital - Streamlining Financial Assistance
Client Experience - SPD
SPD - Peek-A-Boo: I Know What My Child Does In The Classroom
Clinical Quality - NTUC Health Co-operative Ltd
NTUC Health Co-operative Ltd - NTUC Health Nursing Home Return to Continence Programme
Clinical Quality - St Luke’s ElderCare Ltd
St Luke’s ElderCare Ltd - Implementing Exercise for Strength (EFS) Group Exercise Class in Day Rehabilitation Centres for Frail Elders
Clinical Quality - Yishun Community Hospital
Yishun Community Hospital - Opportunistic Screening of Cognitive Impairment of the Elderly by Cognitive Spark Team
Productivity - SPD
SPD - Satellite Assistive Technology Loan Libraries Implementing a Hub and Spoke Model
Productivity - The Salvation Army, Peacehaven Nursing Home
The Salvation Army, Peacehaven Nursing Home - Benefits of Using a Gravity Feeding Set for Bolus Tube Feeding in a Nursing Home
Productivity - Yishun Community Hospital
Yishun Community Hospital - 30% Man-hours Saved Using Ultrasonic Assisted Wound Debridement
Download the list of Team Merit Award winners here.
(Extended to 20 March 2020 due to COVID-19 outbreak)
Submission window period for the Excellence Awards have closed, and we thank you for the support. If you would like to provide a project submission related to innovation, please continue to do so.
For Innovation Showcase Submission Form:
Innovation Showcase submission to be made to
firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 May 2020, 5PM.
For enquiries, please email to awards secretariat at
email@example.com or call 66321110 / 66036814.
Community Care Excellence Awards - Individual Awards recognise outstanding individuals who have displayed excellent service standards and made significant contributions both within and outside their organisation. There are 2 categories of awards:
The Selection Panel will evaluate the nominations based on the following:
Individual Award Evaluation Criteria
Individual award recipients will receive the following:
Note: Recipients must remain in service of their nominating organisation at the point of receiving the award. The Secretariat reserves the right to assess the eligibility of the external compliments and recognitions, and to request for more information to support the nomination where necessary. Please refer to the Individual Award nomination form for more award criteria details.
Community Care Excellence Awards - Team Awards acknowledge outstanding quality improvement projects and initiatives implemented by teams in community care organisations. There are 3 categories of awards:
1. Clinical Quality Improvement Award: This award recognises outstanding projects that have improved clinical care processes, patients'/clients’ clinical outcome or safety. Project scope could include but is not limited to infection control, hand hygiene, falls prevention, skin care, urinary continence care.
2. Client Experience Improvement Award: This award recognises outstanding projects that have improved client/staff experience and satisfaction. Project scope could include but is not limited to wellness initiatives, recreational and social activities (music, art, creative movement and Tai Chi), gardening, family day, festival celebration, environment improvement programme, reminiscence group work, improvements on quality of food.
3. Productivity Improvement Award: This award recognises outstanding projects that have brought increased productive and innovative impact leading to savings in operating cost or increase in efficiency. Project scope could include but is not limited to 6S and Lean projects, enhanced efficiency of discharge processes, improved storage and replenishment of medication process. Organisations must demonstrate how the process improvement lead to a significant productive or innovative impact.
The Selection Panel will evaluate the projects based on the following:
Team award recipients will receive the following:
Note: The Secretariat reserves the right to assess the eligibility of the nomination and to request for more information to support the nomination where necessary. Please refer to the Team Award nomination form for more award criteria details.
If you have further queries, please contact the CCEA Secretariat at
You may find these related pages useful.
Community Care Manpower Development Awards
The Community Care Manpower Development Awards (CCMDA) provide opportunities to pursue and grow a career in the Community Care sector.
Community Care Day
Community Care Day recognises and appreciates the hard work and dedication of all who work in the Community Care sector.
Community Care Recognition
Every day, thousands of Community Care professionals work selflessly. They look after our seniors, lend strength to the less able, and give light to those who need it. Here are some ways we show our appreciation for their efforts.
Need more help?
Send us your enquiry